At the end of May Sarah, Grace and I took a trip to London. Tommy and the little ones stayed at home, so we had two and a half days to see as much of London as possible. We really did just scratch the surface, you could spend an entire week there and still not see everything. Regardless we had a blast. We rode the London Eye (giant ferris wheel), saw Big Ben, the Houses of Parliment, Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace. We rode on a double decker bus and ate at Hard Rock Cafe (we were so happy to have American style food!). We toured the Tower of London, took a cruise on the Thames River and saw a show in the West End. Alex met us for one day, and it was fun to see her again.
Here are a few pictures that we took...
Each capsule holds 25 people. There are 32 capsules. The ride lasts about 30 minutes. 25 new people are loaded on every couple of minutes at 18 pounds (about $27) per person...you do the math. Someone is making a killing with this thing!
But it was well worth it. The view from the top was magnificent!
It has such an interesting history. It began as a royal palace and fortress and later was used as a prison. Now it is opened for tourists to see. Read more about it here:
Both girls said this was their favorite place.
The Crown Jewels are on display here as well. Sadly we were running short on time and could not wait in the long line to see them. Another reason to go back.
The "Bobbies" in front of Buckingham Palace.
Grace, tired of waiting. We arrived an hour and a half early hoping we could get a place where we could see. No way!
When the parade came by in front of the gates a very nice German family allowed Sarah and Grace to step in front with their children so they could see. This picture was taken while I held the camera up over my head and just snapped away, hoping I would get something. Not bad, I think.
After the parade went by, we decided to walk to the other side to get away from the crowd. I was able to get a small glimpse of what was happening inside the gates thanks to the zoom lens.
Our last full day we tried to go and see the Changing of the Guards at Buckingham Palace. Notice I said tried.
Hamley's toy store was a high priority attraction (at least for Sarah and Grace)
The biggest toy store I have ever seen.

No comments:
Post a Comment