Cy's birthday is January 6, which is a national holiday here, so we had two celebrations. One on his actual birthday with just the family, and one the following day with all of his friends.
The birthday dinner. He wanted burgers and brownies and from the expression on his face I think he was pleased.
The party with his friends was a little more difficult. Last year we got away without having a party because Mom and Cat were here. However, since last year he has been talking about and planning this years party. I can't tell you how many times I have walked into the Kindergarten and have been bombarded with children telling me that they were coming to Cy's party. As the time drew closer, he talked more about it and became very specific about what he wanted. So, we made invitations for his friends and hand delivered them (there was no Kindergarten the week of his birthday), made snacks and cupcakes (or as Cy says muffins), and prepared to entertain 7 boys inside our house for 2 hours.
Cy and his friend from Kindergarten gearing up for the party.
We planned to play games with balloons, but none of the kids could blow them up. Thank God for the soccer ball pump!
After chocolate cupcakes everyone was a little wound up...Cy especially. He could barely contain himself, but I think he had a blast. Hopefully he will always remember his German birthday party!
No comments:
Post a Comment