The weather:
Since the last post back in February, we have seen very little snow. I am not complaining mind you. Well maybe a little about the new snow suit I bought for Lore Mae, that she has worn once.
This is the last bit of snow that we had back in February. Cy, Lore Mae and I made a Cow Boy snowman. Here is Lore Mae the first and only time wearing her new snow suit, looking like a pumped up body builder.
However, while I am loving the warmer temps and sunshine, I know of some skiing enthusiasts that are not too happy with the current weather situation. The big debate at the moment is, "will the snow return one more time before it is officially spring?" Who knows! This is the Allgäu. The weather can change in a moment. In the mean time I will continue to enjoy the pseudo-spring.
Hiking around Rettenberg
Fasching:
Fasching/Carneval/Mardi Gras or whatever you want to call it was at the beginning of March. This means lots of parties and celebrations for the big and little kids. Last year, not knowing exactly what to expect, was no where near as fun or busy as this year's Fasching celebration. Here are a few pics of the events...
Sarah dressed as a devil for her Youth Club party.
Cy and Lore Mae ready for the Kindergarten "circus" themed party.
Cyrus in the Kindergarten circus. I think they are supposed to be horses.
Lore Mae at yet another party. This one was for the play group that she and I attend on Tuesday mornings.
Playing games at the Rettenberg Kids Fasching party.
Kitty Cat Lore Mae at the kids parade in Rettenberg.
Grace cuttin' a rug. The aerobics/dance class that Sarah and Grace attend performed at several different Fasching parties in town.
Cyrus and Lore Mae dancing. I think we crashed the Catholic Women's Group's party, but the kids had a blast, and the ladies seemed to enjoy watching them too.
(Please notice the Spiderman costume. It has been worn for 3 Halloweens and now 2 Faschings. I think I have gotten my $12 out of it.)
Paris:
Sarah, Grace and I along with Gela took advantage of the school holiday the first week of March and went to Paris. We left Tommy and the little kids at home, hopped on the fast train in Stuttgart and in 3 hours we were in the City of Lights. I can not say how much I love this city, and what a privilege to see it through Gela's eyes (she truly loves this city). I will devote an entire post later to our trip. Here is just a little teaser...
Family visit:
On Sunday after our trip to Paris, we had some of Tommy's cousins over to visit. It was very nice to meet and visit with some of his German relatives. They have always been so kind to Tommy and all of us. Coincidentally it was also Lore Mae's birthday, so it was nice to have so many folks here to help celebrate her turning 3. (more on the birthday in a later post)
Looking ahead:
With just about 5 months left here, we are starting to look forward to returning to SC, but also feeling a little anxious about leaving this place and life that we have grown to love. A friend recently said that we should take a moment and "video tape" with our minds the sights, sounds and smells of this place so as we don't forget what it feels like to be here. I thought this was great advice. We tend to get so busy with "life" that we forget to relish the moments that make life worth living. So here's to relishing the last part of our adventure here and looking forward to what lies ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment