RAVE:
We saw SNOW!
Yesterday while Tommy was grilling on our terrace, (and our neighbors were thinking, "what are those crazy Americans doing now"), he made a comment that the weather was changing. Late last night we woke up to the sound of rain pelting the windows and when the girls left for school this morning we all needed sweaters, water proof boots and rain coats. The girls were excited to walk to school in the rain! (probably not anymore)
After taking Cy to kindergarten, Tommy and I drove to Kempten to take care of some business and on the way home I noticed that the tops of the mountains in the distance looked white. I didn't think it was snow at first, but as we got closer it was obvious. Makes sense if it is 40 degrees where we are in the valley, then it is possibly much colder on the higher elevations. When the kids got home Grace told us that her class was so excited today because they could see the snow on the mountains. She said they kept shouting, "Schnee, Schnee!" At the moment, I am sitting in our living room listening to the ice hit the tiles on the balcony. Sent a quick note to Tommy to please get milk, bread and eggs on the way home from work, and now I am getting ready to make hot chocolate for me and the kids and watch a Spiderman cartoon! (thanks LL and Jay!)
RANT:
We were just getting used to the cooler mornings and nights and enjoying the Fall color on the mountain. We were told that there isn't much Fall here. They said that winter comes quickly, but I didn't think that quick. It is only October! Maybe that was why everyone was buying snow boots and jackets when it was still 70 degrees outside. I feel a little bit robbed! Hopefully we can still make the drive to Austria this weekend to see the leaves changing colors. Folks say that it is beautiful. For now I will enjoy our first "winter weather experience" (don't know what else to call it). I am sure in six months when snow and cold and wet are all we have seen, we might not be so enthusiastic about it!
We saw SNOW!
Yesterday while Tommy was grilling on our terrace, (and our neighbors were thinking, "what are those crazy Americans doing now"), he made a comment that the weather was changing. Late last night we woke up to the sound of rain pelting the windows and when the girls left for school this morning we all needed sweaters, water proof boots and rain coats. The girls were excited to walk to school in the rain! (probably not anymore)
After taking Cy to kindergarten, Tommy and I drove to Kempten to take care of some business and on the way home I noticed that the tops of the mountains in the distance looked white. I didn't think it was snow at first, but as we got closer it was obvious. Makes sense if it is 40 degrees where we are in the valley, then it is possibly much colder on the higher elevations. When the kids got home Grace told us that her class was so excited today because they could see the snow on the mountains. She said they kept shouting, "Schnee, Schnee!" At the moment, I am sitting in our living room listening to the ice hit the tiles on the balcony. Sent a quick note to Tommy to please get milk, bread and eggs on the way home from work, and now I am getting ready to make hot chocolate for me and the kids and watch a Spiderman cartoon! (thanks LL and Jay!)
RANT:
We were just getting used to the cooler mornings and nights and enjoying the Fall color on the mountain. We were told that there isn't much Fall here. They said that winter comes quickly, but I didn't think that quick. It is only October! Maybe that was why everyone was buying snow boots and jackets when it was still 70 degrees outside. I feel a little bit robbed! Hopefully we can still make the drive to Austria this weekend to see the leaves changing colors. Folks say that it is beautiful. For now I will enjoy our first "winter weather experience" (don't know what else to call it). I am sure in six months when snow and cold and wet are all we have seen, we might not be so enthusiastic about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment