I know that it is a little delayed, Cy's birthday was January 6, but it seems as if time is either flying by or I am moving slowly and I have only just now sat down to post about Cy's birthday. Last night I had a dream about him, so I felt compelled this morning to blog about my "Baby Boy".
In my dream, Lore Mae and I were flying home. For some reason the rest of our family was already home and Lore Mae and I were the last to join them. We were all meeting at Meme's house (my grandmother) for a big party. Everyone was there; all of our family, family from Moncks Corner, friends, just about everyone that I know. So Lore Mae and I arrive at the party and Tommy takes the baby to show her off to folks that we had not seen in a while. I start looking for Cyrus. I kept asking, "Where is Cy." Finally, I hear this very deep voice behind me say, "Momma, I am right here, " and when I turn around there stands this man that is at least a foot taller than me with Cy's blond hair and blue eyes and he immediately picks me up in a big bear hug. I realize that this is my son I start to feel my body age instantly, and then I woke up!
It was very strange and surreal, but needless to say I was so happy to see my "baby boy" come walking into the kitchen this morning and not some strange man. I guess it is a metaphor for how quickly time flies. It does seem like just yesterday he was this fat, little baby that we called "Porkchop", and now he is a tall, lanky boy of 4 years old.
Happy Birthday Cyrus!
We celebrated on his birthday here at home. January 6 is a national holiday here in Germany, so no school, kindergarten or work for Tommy on that day. Mom and Cat were still here, so that made the day even more special. When he returned to Kindergarten the next week, we sent cupcakes one day and they celebrated at Kindergarten. Then just last week Cy recieved a birthday card from Boog and Pa so there was yet another celebration. He now says that he has had 3 birthdays this year!
Listen for the "Cha, cha, cha". Cyrus sings that part everytime he sings the Happy Birthday song and it has stuck with the rest of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment